1.5kg unpeeled desiree potatoes
Olive oil, to fry
8 sage leaves
2 tbsp grated parmesan
2 tsp sea salt
125g plain flour
60g unsalted butter
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and gently simmer for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
2. Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander back over the saucepan and cover with a tea towel. Set aside to dry out and cool slightly for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1cm olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat and fry sage leaves for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
4. Dry the saucepan thoroughly, then peel the potatoes and pass through a mouli back in to the saucepan.
5. Gently stir through the egg, parmesan and salt. Sieve the flour over the potato mixture and combine with a few light folds. Do not over mix.
6. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a long sausage. Tear off a few small balls of dough and test by dropping them in a small saucepan of boiling water. If they start to disintergrate you will need to add a little more flour.