Pan-seared Scallops on Chestnut Puree & Eschallot Salsa
With water chestnut, sesame seeds and mint accentuations.
240g Green bug tails in shell, cut in 1/2 (60g per serve)
480g Atlantic Salmon skin off (120grm per serve)
1/4 cup Olivado chilli & bell pepper oil
1 cup orange juice
20g chopped coriander
100g baby rocket washed
100g beansprout washed
12 baby roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes cut in half
10g coriander leaves picked & washed
10g dill picked & washed
2 whole oranges peeled & cut into segments
100g sugar snaps blanched in salty water & refreshed
1 whole peeled and seeded avocado cut into 1cm cubes
Avocado & Orange Hollandaise
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
2 tbs fresh orange juice
1/4 cup Olivado avocado oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Avocado & orange hollandaise
1. Separate 3 eggs into a round bottom bowl. Add the white wine vinegar & orange juice. Whisk together over a pot of simmering water until the mixture becomes opaque in colour & light & fluffy in texture.
2. Remove from heat. Slowly add the avocado oil whisking all the time. Season
Salmon and Bug Tails
1. Place the bugs & salmon in the orange chilli marinade for one hour.
2. Combine all salad ingredients together.
3. Remove the seafood from the marinade & place on a pre heated Char grill or BBQ. Gently pour over some of the remaining marinade to keep the fish moist. Grill for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.
4. Arrange the salad onto 4 plates.
5. Remove the seafood from the grill. Gently break the salmon into mouth size pieces. Remove the bug tails from the shell. Place the seafood onto the 4 plated salads.
6. Drizzle with the new style healthy hollandaise & serve!