Getting Into the Swing of Spring
Spring is in the air. Yes, we can now start thinking about salads, exercise and swimming. During winter most tend to hibernate, for example jumping out of bed at 6am when it is dark and cold can stop even the most health conscious person and walking late afternoon means darkness at 5.30pm. Longer daylight hours and warmer weather lifts the spirit and so now is the perfect time to get your health and exercise routines back into full swing. Let’s get ready for summer, here are some tips.
1. Try on your favourite summer outfit from last year and see how it fits now. If it is a bit snug or the buttons don’t do up then take this as a sign that you need to shed a few kilos before summer kicks in. Another good idea is to put on your togs and take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. Do you like what you see? If not then do something about it, now!
2. Dust off the barbie and get back to cooking your meat on the grill and serve with interesting salads. Making tasty sauces to pour over steak will give meat a lift and make it much more tempting. Barbequing your meat allows the fats to escape through the grill, a great way to reduce the fat count. If you find it is still too cool for salads then sauté some vegetables on the flat side of the barbeque with some garlic and spices.
3. Spring means crisp apples, tasty oranges, mandarins and strawberries are at their best. Vegetables such as artichokes, snow peas, bok choy, asparagus and avocados are in season and inexpensive. Why not make up some homemade soups using spring vegetables before the hot weather arrives. Spinach and pear are at their best in Spring so here's a great recipe of mine from Symply Too Good To Be True 6 for you to enjoy.
4. Spring means it is time to stop having the heavy stodgy winter foods, spring means lighter healthier meals, more fresh fruit and a time to get back outside and exercise. This is such a beautiful time of the year so enjoy what spring has to offer and get healthy at the same time.
5. Instead of doing a spring clean at home do a spring clean of your eating habits. Throw out any bad habits that have caused you problems over winter and look for new ways to shed those unwanted kilos. Your attitude determines your actions, so act now and reap the rewards.
Visit Annette’s website www.symplytoogood.com.au for more tips and recipes. You can also join Annette’s page at Symply Too Good FACEBOOK.