It’s International Margarita Day. What a perfect day for a celebration! Let’s get started with 5 things you never knew about ‘The Margarita.’ Quotations immediately make it more elusive don’t they?
- It is believed the original Margarita was invented in 1948 by a socialite named Margarita Sames.
- A high school drop-out named Mariano Martinez invented the first frozen margarita machine in 1971.
- On average, Americans consume 185, 000 Margaritas per hour.
- The Margarita was the most popular drink ordered in 2008 (in the US).
- The US has the largest Tequila market, however the South accounts for 35% of Margarita sales.
Happy International Margarita Day! We've dedicated a whole section of our recipes to Margaritas, check them out here.