A column by Annette Sym, see her cooking and weightloss journey here.
Women lead such busy lives these days and wear many hats. I myself have found being a mother, wife and business woman has many challenges but I wouldn’t change my life for anything. If you are like me and need an extra 4 hours in each day then these tips might be for you:
- Learning the word delegate is a great start. You can’t do everything yourself so find people in your life that can help and support you.
- Another word you need to own is ‘NO’. You aren’t anyone’s slave so only do what you are happy to do, and if you aren’t then say NO. You must be no. 1 in your life, and yes I know women are meant to be the nurturers in life but you must look after yourself first, before you can look after others.
- If you are feeling run down or tired then you should visit a naturopath as you may be low in iron and magnesium.
- Keep hydrated throughout the day. Drinking at least 2 litres of water each day will keep your energy levels up, stop you from yawning all day long and will help keep your skin clear and glowing.
- Don’t have less than 25g of fat each day as going lower could cause side effects. These include your hair becoming brittle and breaking easily as well as your skin becoming dry and flaky.
- Omit caffeine as it is toxic and addictive. It can also make you edgy and dehydrated when over consumed. Not good for anyone who is stressed or busy.
- Avoid alcohol as it will only slow you down and could leave you with a headache and mood swings.
- Make sure you have some down-time every day. Even 30 minutes sitting quietly reading a book or magazine is important. Don’t eat lunch at your desk and try and get some fresh air during the day.
- Have a day every now and then where you don’t put on makeup, stay in your pajamas for as long as you want and just do nothing.
- My final tip would be if you don’t have much time for cooking then make a day every few weeks and cook as many dishes as you can. Put them in single serves or in batches for each night’s meals and freeze them. This way when you don’t have time all you have to do is pull something out of the freezer and you will have a healthy meal to enjoy – it’s a much better idea than grabbing something unhealthy on the way home. You will find that most of my recipes are so easy to make that you really don’t have excuses anymore.
My mission is to empower people to live a healthier and happier life and to convey the message that healthy and delicious can go hand in hand.
Annette’s cookbooks SYMPLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE 1-7 are sold in all good newsagencies. Visit Annette’s website www.symplytoogood.com.au for more tips and recipes. Annette has also released some Premium Breakfast Shakes which are great for breakfast on the run. Visit www.breakfastshakes.com.au and Shake It Til’ You Make It! You can also join Annette’s page at Symply Too Good FACEBOOK.