1 x 440g can crushed pineapple (no added sugar)
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (45g) Flora® Light margarine melted
½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup skim milk
½ tsp bicarb soda
1¼ cups self-raising flour
½ cup sugar
juice from canned pineapple
1. Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
2. Drain pineapple leaving juice to one side to be used later. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites for 1 minute using an electric mixer.
3. Combine melted margarine and essence with milk then add to bowl. Add bicarb soda to drained pineapple and stir together. Add to bowl and combine ingredients well.
4. Sift flour into the mix in one go. Gently fold in the flour. DO NOT BEAT as this will make the pudding tough. Pour mixture into a small lasagne dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
5. To make sauce: Sprinkle sugar evenly over top of mixture, then gently pour juice over top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked in centre. Leave to sit for 10 minutes, then serve. Can be served hot or cold.
Suitable for freezing.
You can find this recipe in 'Symply Too Good To Be True 6' written by Annette Sym; read more in our review of this healthy lifestyle cookbook at http://www.agfg.com.au/Blog/post/2010/09/30/Symply-Low-Fat-Gourmet-Cooking.aspx