Hot Cross Buns
These sweet treats are all too tempting to bake all year round. So here's a recipe to do just tha...
500grams pizza flour (or unbleached plain flour)
2 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups (375ml) warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons (10gm) dried yeast
1) Combine flour, semolina and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer with dough hook attached.
2) Mix water, oil and yeast in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the yeast.
3) Pour water mixture into flour and mix at low speed until combined, then mix on high for 10mins until dough is smooth and elastic, but still quite wet and sticky.
4) Place dough in lightly oiled bowl covered with plastic film and then rest in a warm place for 30mins, or until dough has doubled in size.
5) Divide dough into 4 portions.
* The dough can be used at once or stored covered in the fridge overnight.
*This will make 4 pizza bases....Marisa Travain