450 gms dark chocolate
50 gms white chocolate
heart shaped cookie cutter/heart shape cut out of thick cardboard
Piping bag with thin tip
170gms semi sweet chocolate
5 large egg yolks
2 cups whipped cream with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla added
1 tsp instant coffee dissolved with 1 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp rum
Whipped cream, to serve
Summer berries, to serve (optional)
1. With cookie cutter/cardboard heart, trace shape out onto baking paper several times over, making sure to account for 3 hearts per person.
2. Melt dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water until completely smooth.
3. Fill piping bag with chocolate and trace the outline of the hearts, filling in the centre.
4. Heat up white chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle over the hearts before placing them in the fridge to set.
1. As you wait for the hearts to set, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
2. Stir rum into whipped cream.
3. Add egg yolks, coffee and vanilla to melted chocolate before folding it into the whipped cream. Pour into small batches and place in fridge to chill.
1. Place chocolate heart on plate before adding a dollop of whipped cream on top. Place another heart on top followed by a dollop of chocolate mousse, so the dessert is sandwiched together. End with the third chocolate heart on top. Serve with summer berries.