1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 kg Butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and coarsely chopped.
1 small potato
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
3 cubes chicken stock
1 litre water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Use a large roasting dish and combine 20 mls of oil with pumpkin, potato and rosemary. Roast for 30 minutes until tender.
3. In the meantime, heat 20mls oil in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic, paprika and chilli and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the roast vegetables and stock to the saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce to a low temperature. Simmer for about 10 minutes and remove pan from heat.
5. After it has cooled, use a blender to puree the mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour back into pan and heat gently.
7. Serve with a swirl of sour cream and fresh bread rolls.