2 barramundi fillets
Flour, for coating
100g ginger, sliced
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
500ml fresh orange juice
50ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp spoon mixed herbs
1 tbsp spoon brown sugar
200g desiccated coconut
200g fresh mesculin of choice
1 tomato, cut into wedges
1 carrot, grated
1 beetroot, grated
40g pickled ginger
2 spring onion, finely sliced (to garnish)
Aoli, to drizzle
1. Slice fish into 2cm diagonal strips and set aside.
2. Slice ginger for glaze and add to a small pot along with sugar and water stir and reduce by half to a syrupy consistency.
3. Mix together dressing ingredients and set aside.
4. Toast 50g of desiccated coconut dry in a shallow pan.
5. Mix the mesculin, tomatoes, carrot and beetroot. Divide them into four plates, add toasted coconut and pickled ginger. Drizzle with citrus dressing.
6. Retrieve sliced barramundi, coat in flour and generously roll in remaining desiccated coconut and fry till golden.
7. Place the barramundi on top of the salads and drizzle with ginger glaze.
8. Top with aoli and spring onions.
Credits: Stuart Campbell