Millet Burgers with Miso and Pumpkin Sauce
With a sauce so good, you’ll want to use it on a myriad of meals. It's a good idea to start this rec...
2 egg yolks
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar
200ml vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves (boiled until soft then pureed)
18 thin slices streaky bacon
3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into small wedges
2 ripe avocados, sliced
1 golden shallot, finely sliced
1 tsp baby capers
18 sweet basil leaves
1 cup rocket leaves, washed
18 thin slices parmesan
Preheat oven to 180C.
1. Put the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar in a small stainless steel bowl. Whisk slowly while adding the vegetable oil in a slow stream until incorporated.
2. Add the garlic puree and set aside.
1. Lay bacon on a roasting tray and place in a preheated oven until crisp (15 mins). Reserve.
2. Alternatively arrange tomato wedges and avocado layers on plates. Sprinkle shallots, baby capers, basil, rocket and parmesan on top.
3. Finish with the crisp bacon and aioli and serve.