Summer Prawn Salad with Caramelised Macadamias
Kick off a fabulous feast with this tasty entree.
12 baby squid, cleaned with tentacles removed and roughly chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp thyme, chopped
225 gms chorizo, diced
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, chopped
2 tbsp bread crumbs
Fresh herbs, chopped
1. In a medium sized frying pan, heat oil and cook chorizo until it starts to brown around the edges. Add tentacles and stir.
2. Add onion, garlic and time, cooking for 5 minutes over moderate heat and stirring occasionally.
3. Add bread crumbs, pine nuts and herbs and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste before taking off heat and allowing to cool.
4. Stuff the squid with mixture, taking care not to overfill as not to break during cooking. Secure top with a toothpick and refrigerate until ready to cook.
5. Heat some olive oil in a shallow pan over medium heat before cooking squid for 3 minutes on each side.
6. After all squid has been cooked, fry up tentacles for a few minutes until crispy and finish cooking in an oven.
7. Serve with coriander leaves and fresh lemon.