The Tanqueray Kensington Spritz
The ultimate Summer cocktail: mango, gin, vermouth, apple cider vinegar and dill - it's basically a ...
1 block of puff pastry sheet
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
400ml full cream milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre heat oven to 200C and grease a muffin tray.
2. Place egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a pan and whisk together until well combined. Slowly add in the milk and mix well, removing lumps.
3. Place the pan over a medium heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens and comes to the boil. Let it simmer for 2-3 mins, then remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
4. Transfer the custard to a bowl, cover and let cool.
5. Thaw the puff pastry sheet and roll to about 1/2 inch thickness on a floured surface. Roll it from the width-side tightly and cut into small discs. Roll each disc (flouring the surface sufficiently) to the rough size of the muffin tray.
6. Lay each rolled out disc into the muffin tray, pour the cooled custard to about 3/4 level and bake for about 25 mins.
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.