Honey Sesame Grilled Chicken Wings
A quick and easy dinner option, perfect for little hands wanting to get sticky
6 steamed chat potatoes
3 medium size tomatoes roasted in a moderate oven
6 trimmed lamb shanks
2 brown onions diced
2 large carrots diced
2 sticks celery diced
6 cloves of garlic crushed
½ bunch fresh rosemary
2 cups of flour
100ml veg oil
2 cups of red wine burgundy
2L brown veal stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly coat the shanks in flour and season with salt and pepper. In a hot heavy duty pan with little oil, seal the shanks till brown.
2. Once brown remove from the pan. Drain excess oil from the pan and deglaze the pan with the red wine for 1 minute.
3. Heat oil in a 30cm stock pot. Sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and fresh rosemary. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Once sautéed add the lamb shanks.
5. Add red wine from the pan to the shanks. Pour enough veal stock to cover by 2 inches.
6. Once the shanks have come to the boil turn the heat down and let it simmer slowly.
7. Remember the more time it takes to cook the better the dish will be.
8. The shanks are ready when they start to fall off the bone. Serve in a flat bowl with steamed chat potatoes and a slow roasted tomato.
Recipe provided by General Bourke