Rich Chocolate Squares
Nutella spread is the secret ingredient.
200g good quality dark chocolate
1/2 cup olive oil
3 large egg yolks
3 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
200ml thickened cream
1. Slowly melt the chopped chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water while continuously stirring. Add the olive oil until combined, then put aside and let cool slightly.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and 1/4 cup of the sugar until the cream turns thick.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites and the remaining ¼ cup
sugar until stiff and holds peaks.
4. In a third bowl whip the thickened cream until stiff.
5. Transfer the chocolate & olive oil mix to a large bowl and fold in one mix after another: start with the creamy egg yolk mix, then the stiff egg whites, and lastly the whipped cream – until well combined.
6. Spoon mix into small individual serving bowls, cover, and place in fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
7. Delicious served on ripe orange fillets in their own juice topped with pistachio praline.