1 large Orange Yam or Sweet Potato
10-15 g Dried Lemon Myrtle
10-15g Aniseed Myrtle
10-15g Ground Bush Tomato
3 ea Egg Yolks
80g Self Raising Flour
Pinch Murray River Salt Flakes
Pinch Fresh Ground Native Pepper
1. Grate the yam or sweet potato into a bowl.
2. Add the lemon myrtle, aniseed myrtle, bush tomato and mix well.
3. Add the flour, salt and pepper.
4. Mix the egg yolks together and mix into yam until combined well.
5. Heat some oil to about 180` C and carefully add spoonfuls of the mixture and fry until golden and cooked through.
6. Drain on absorbent paper, season with Murray River Salt Flakes.
7. Serve with homemade mayo or a chilli sauce or both.
Recipe provided by Charcoal Lane