A favourite combination of chicken, peanut, garlic and chilli, Indonesian satay skewers are ideal as...
500 gms lamb mince
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp coriander seeds
50 gms breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 egg, lightly beaten
20 gms mint, roughly chopped
2 tbsp sunflower oil
150 ml natural yoghurt, to serve
300 gms couscous
50 gms butter
2 tbsp harissa
1. Add spices to a heated heavy based pan on low heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Crush with mortar and pestle and set aside.
2. Mix breadcrumbs and garlic with 2 tbsp water and stir well. Add lamb, lemon juice, crushed spices, egg and most of the mint. Season well.
3. Mix well and shape into 16 balls. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in frying pan. Fry for 6-7 minutes, turning until golden brown and cooked. Keep warm.
5. In a heatbroof bowl, rub couscous with butter and add harissa. Pour 400 ml of water into bowl, cover and leave for 10 minutes. Fluff up and season. Shred remaining mint and mix through couscous.
6. Place meatballs on a bed of couscous. Top with yoghurt and harissa and serve.