Minestrone Soup with Chorizo and Truffle - Chef Recipe by Shawn Sheather
A Minestrone soup with pan seared chorizo and blistered cherry tomatoes, has a traditional flavou...
1 ½ pounds of lean beef or pork (or use a mixture of both)
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 large slightly beaten egg
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
½ cup of milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1/2 onion, chopped
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bottle tomato pasta sauce
1 tsp salt
1. Mix all ingredients together into a large bowl.
2. Shape into medium sized meatballs.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place meatballs on oven tray. Bake for 25 minutes.
1. In a pan, saute onion in oil for a few minutes before adding pasta sauce and salt.
2. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes.