Asure - Turkish Pudding
Rice pudding is enjoyed by many, all over the world. If you are one of these people, be sure to give...
4 tbs Chia Seeds soaked in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes
1/2 cup Raw Cocoa
125 gms Softened Butter*
5 med to lg Eggs
1 cup Almond Meal
1 cup Coconut Palm sugar (or sugar of your choice)
1 tsp Bicarb
* You can substitute coconut oil or olive oil for the butter or 1/3 cup of fresh cream
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a spring form cake tin with non stick baking paper.
3. Soak chia seeds in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. In meantime place cocoa, eggs, almond meal, sugar, salt, bicarb and butter in a bowl.
5. Whisk to combine well and break up any lumps (at least 1 minute).
6. Add chia seed jelly and whisk until well combined.
7. Pour into lined cake tin.
8. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until it bounces back when pressed in middle.
9. Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin.
10. Finish cooling on a wire cooling rack.
This recipe comes courtesy of 'Gluten Free, Grain Free' by Tania Hubbard. To read more in our blog book review, visit http://www.agfg.com.au/Blog/post/2011/11/17/2011-Christmas-Gift-Guide.aspx