a quiet stretch of land beside the Campaspe River, contains many fine old trees.
Housed in the original Bank of New South Wales (built in 1855), with a drop-log cottage dating from 1840 re-erected in the grounds.
typical of the district, is exemplified in the Old Malt House, Mechanics' Institute, Old Police Depot and the town churches. La Trobe's summer residence lies about 3km south of Kyneton.