Built in 1889 on the site of a still older light.
The Grove

The Grove

George Town

(1827), in Cimitiere St, once the Port Officer's residence, serves refreshments and locally made handcrafts.
Commemorates the site of Lt-Col Paterson's landing in 1804 - making George Town the third oldest settlement by Europeans in Australia, after Sydney and its environs (1778) and Hobart (1803).