is a fine sandstone building built in 1841 by Thomas Brown who first discovered the Lithgow coal seam. It houses a collection of nineteenth century furniture and industrial implements.
A system of railway tunnels, cuttings and stone viaducts built between 1866 and 1869 to overcome the descent from the Blue Mountains. It ceased to operate in 1910 but tourist trains now run on weekend...
Cradled by heavily wooded hills, offering the fishing and boating enthusiast a delightful opportunity to enjoy mountain scenery at its best. Lake Lyell has boat ramps and skiing is allowed.
Provides magnificent views of the Blue Mountains.
Built by convict labour in 1837. The courtroom and cells are now preserved as a museum.