Roast Chicken Stuffed with Parsley, Hazelnuts & Butter
From her latest cookbook "Feasting," author Karen Martini's Roast Chicken recipe promises to deliver...
4 large quail
Marinade for internal of quails
1 tbsp 5 spice powder
2 tsp salt
200ml Thai sweet chilli sauce
50ml plum sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 fresh orange(squeezed)
1/2 diced orange(about 1cm)
1 tsp black sesame seed
10 pieces of shredded basil leaves
Thai sweet chilli sauce for decoration
Sichuan pepper mix
5 tbsp sichuan pepper
1 tbsp cumin seed
1 tsp salt
1. Wash quail and dry with clean kitchen towel.
2. Divide 5 spice powder and salt evenly and apply into the quail.
3. Dry roast sichuan pepper in a heavy pan until fragrant then grind into a medium fine powder. Coat quail thoroughly with powder. Refridgerate for 6 hours.
4. Steam quails over boiling water for 25 minutes. Cool at room temperature until surface hardens with spices. Deep fry in hot oil until crispy.
5. Cut quail into halves and spoon over sauce.
6. Dress with prepared Thai chilli sauce