Paccheri Pasta with Pork Sausage - Chef Recipe by Guy Grossi
These gorgeous large tubes of pasta originate from Campania and Calabria. They go well with a variet...
6 tbsp unsalted butter (including 2 tbsp to finish dish)
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove
2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
6 cups vegetable broth
1 cup frozen peas
6 spears fresh asparagus, cut into small pieces
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan, then add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and cook another minute before adding the rice. Stir until it is well coated with the butter.
3. Begin to add the wine, and stirring over medium heat until it is absorbed. Start to add 1/2 cup of hot broth, stirring as it is absorbed.
4. Continue adding ladles full of hot broth, and stir into rice continuously.
About 10 minutes, add the asparagus and zucchini and continue cooking for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm.
5. Finally add peas. When they have been cooked and heated, remove from the stove, add the remaining butter, parsley and the parmesan cheese.