Roasted Vegetables with Farro
Farro is a staple grain in Italian cooking - it is said that it sustained the Roman legions as they ...
2 sweet persimmons, cut in half and sliced
1 bunch of watercress
100g of gorgonzola or other mild blue cheese
6 tbsp walnut oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place walnuts onto a baking tray and toast under the grill, turning occasionally.
2. Once walnuts are evenly toasted set aside to cool.
3. Wash watercress, discard the bottoms of the stokes and place in a colander to drain.
4. Wash and slice the persimmons, cut each half into four to six slices.
5. Place watercress into a salad bowl, top with persimmons, crumbled gorgonzola and toasted walnuts.
6. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper.
From Persimmons Australia Inc.