Kumato Slices with Mussels and Lemon
Surimi, imitation crab meat, is a key ingredient in this colourful recipe.
150 mL water
300 g minced meat (beef, lamb)
2 garlic gloves
3-5 tsp of water
Preparing the Filling:
1. Chop the onion into cubes.
2. Chop garlic cloves finely.
3. Mix minced meat, onion and garlic.
4. Continue adding water until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
Preparing the Dough:
1. Mix flour and water until the dough is malleable. Make sure to roll the dough into
a bread loaf shape.
2. Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the dough into thick slices, 2 cm thick.
4. Roll out slices until round; alternatively you can use a round cutter (7cm diameter) to make perfect circles.
Forming the Dumplings:
1. Hold one of the round dough pieces and using a teaspoon, place one teaspoon of
meat in the centre of the dough.
2. Fold circle in half and press the two edges together.
3. When pressing the edges together, they should form what looks like braids.
1. Boil water with a pinch or two of salt.
2. Once boiled, place the dumplings into the water.
3. Let them sink to the bottom and boil them for 10 minutes.
4. To know when they are finished, the dumplings should rise to the surface.
Traditionally the dumplings (bansh) are served by themselves with little vegetables. If you want to feed 4, putting the dumplings with vegetables/salad and a pasta side dish would make a great meal.