1 loaf bread
2 large eggs
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup button mushrooms, some halved
1 rasher bacon, finely sliced
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
Splash skim milk
1. Cut circles out of bread using the rim of a glass or cookie cutter.
2. Roll the cut outs with a rolling pin and place one into each bottom of muffin tin.
3. Into each bread case, place a heaped teaspoon of bacon and onion slices. Bake at 150 degrees celsius for 10-15 minutes until bread is just browning and bacon is sizzling.
4. In a seperate bowl, whisk eggs and add a splash of skim milk. Season and whisk in mushrooms and eggs. Spoon mixture into cases over the bacon and onion, filling them to the brim.
5. Return to oven and cook at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, until quiches have puffed up. Turn oven off and allow to cool before taking them out.