Honey Glazed Ham
The traditional honey glazed ham is a must for the festive season - and there's bound to be leftover...
900g braising or stewing beef, cubed
3-4 onions, cut into small wedges
4 large garlic cloves, crushed
450g button mushrooms
1 bottle of red wine (use less if desired)
4 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 bouquet garni
1 beef stock cube
1. Coat meat in flour and fry in pan with oil. Set aside in casserole dish.
2. Fry onions in oil for 5 minutes, adding garlic in the last 2 minutes. Add to beef along with the mushrooms.
3. Heat wine until bubbling and add to casserole. Add tomato sauce, bouquet garni, beef stock cube and bacon to casserole and mix together.
4. Cover and put in oven at 170 degrees for 2.5 hours. Remove lid and cook for a further 1/2 hour.
5. Serve with garlic mashed potato and steamed green beans.