10 king prawns
1/2 cup cold beer/ cold soda water
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
2.3L unsalted water
450 gms dried soba noodles
4-5 cups cold water
1. In a bowl, whisk cold beer, oyster sauce and rice flour.
2. Coat prawns with flour before dipping in the batter. Deep fry for 10-12 seconds each.
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat. Add noodles and gently stir before reducing heat to minimum.
2. Add 1 cup cold water and return to boil. Repeat, adding 3-4 more cups of cold water until noodles are firm but cooked through.
3. Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
Divide noodles into bowls and place tempura prawns on top. Garnish with fresh spring onion.