Originally named Louttit Bay after a sea captain, Lorne was renamed in 1871 after the Marquis of Lorne who married Queen Victoria's daughter. Attention was drawn to Lorne in 1850 when it became a port of timber trade. The first settlers came in 1853 when they used the district for a cattle run. The town of Lorne grew rapidly and tourism expanded greatly when better access was built with the opening of the Great Ocean Road in 1924. Lorne's early industries included both fishing and logging but neither had a long popularity. Tourism once again grew rapidly after WW2 and large hotels and guesthouses were built in and around the town to cope with the growing number of tourists.
150 Allenvale Rd, Lorne 3232 VIC - See Map
- Cooking facilities
- Radio/CD Player
Payments Accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Eftpos
8am - 8pm 7Days